Trenton Avenue was also first listed in the 1936 trade directory, and marks the boundary bewtween Hull and Anlaby. The entrance to Trenton Avenue from Anlaby Road marks the alignment of a lost street, known as Lodge Lane. Lodge Lane ran north from The Lodge, a property that was isolated on the south-west corner of Trenton Avenue as the new street was laid out. Lodge Lane ran north to the grounds of Springhead House on the north side of Willerby Road. The Lodge was latterly known as Springhead Cottage, and survived until c.1939 at the end of the line of new shops on Anlaby Road. Sadly it was later demolished with the continuing construction of the Trenton Avenue development.