Perry Street

The origin of name Perry Street is unclear, but the properties were built as part of the same development as Ruskin Street, and were completely occupied by 1899.

Beyond the entrance to Perry Street are the last few properties in the Stanley Terrace development; purpose-built between 1896 and 1899 as shops with accommodation above, they were referred to as West Park Row in an 1896 trade directory. All of the property, including Ruskin Street, Perry Street, and the many small terraces behind, were built on land belonging to the Broadley family, known as Maiden Hill Farm.

Download the 1897 Kelly's Trade Directory entry for Perry Street.

Perry Street junction, 1950s.

Perry Street junction, 1950s.