The name Parkfield Drive, refers to the use of former fields in this area. Many sports (e.g. horse racing) and agricultural fairs and shows were held on these fields. Modern streets and housing on these former fields have taken the older field names; hence the “field” references in each of the surrounding streets. Often the fields related to former farms, e.g. Westfield Farm. Parkfield Drive was originally to be called Newington Drive, but the council rejected the name. The name Parkfield Drive was agreed upon in March 1927, and a development of four new streets on the site of the old racecourse was completed in 1928. The streets do not show on the 1928 Ordnance Survey plans, as the plans were only surveyed in 1926/27, and published in 1928.